Shop! ANZ members receive free enrolment in our Shopper Marketing Fundamentals e-course. If you are a member and wish to register to complete the e-course, contact us here.
If you are not a Shop! member but wish to complete the Shopper Marketing Fundamentals e-course, please contact us to register and pay. Non-members can register for the course for AU$295+GST per person.
What is the course?
An introductory online course which provides an understanding of the fundamentals of shopper marketing across 5 self-paced modules. Course topics include definitions, retail objectives, POP drivers, the path to purchase and shopper behaviour.
Who is it for?
The course is for anyone involved in the retail and shopper marketing industry including brand, marketing, design, account management, sales and finance staff that need an understanding of shopper marketing.
1. Shopper Marketing Definitions
• Why Shopper? Shopper vs. Consumer
• Shopper Insights
• What is Shopper Research?
• Shopper Marketing Defined
2. Understanding Retail Objectives
• Understanding business models
• Retailer vs. supplier priorities
• Retailer business drivers
• Key retail objectives
• The “Five Way Multiple”
• Retailer needs and desired outcomes
3. Point of Purchase (POP) Drivers
• What are POP Drivers?
• Space & Layout
4. Path to Purchase
• What is the Shopper Path to Purchase (P2P)?
• The Traditional P2P
• Touchpoints Along the P2P
• The Impact of Digital and Mobile Technology
• Introducing Moments of Truth
• The Holistic Approach – Pre, In and Post
5. Shopper Behaviour
• How and why they shop
• How: Purchase Decision Hierarchies
• How: Navigation
• Why: Lifestage
• Why: Occasions
• Why: Missions
To register, contact us via email or phone 612 9281 2630.