Shop! Australia & New Zealand holds the Industry's major annual awards contest; with the intent of recognising and rewarding best practice, innovation, and excellence in Retail Marketing
Entries vie for gold, silver, and bronze honours. Shop!’s highest honour, the Tom Harris Retail Marketing Award, is selected from the Gold Award winners. Other Pinnacle Awards are given for outstanding performance in Design & Innovation, Shopper Experience, and Best Display. Those awarded Gold are eligible to enter the Global Shop! Awards.
Who can Enter?
Any designer or producer of retail marketing material, agencies, brand owners, suppliers and retailers
The Awards are open to both Shop! members and non-members
Entries for the 2022 Awards Program are closed. 2023 entries open in October 2023.
Dates & Deadlines 2022
Entries Open Online: Wednesday 5 October, 2022
Early Bird Prices close: Saturday 31 December, 2022
FINAL cut off for entries: Midnight, Monday 16 January, 2023
Online Judging Commences: Monday 13 February to Monday 27 February, 2023
Online People's Choice judging (open to public): Tuesday 28 February to Friday 10 March, 2023
Online Pinnacle judging: Tuesday 27 February to Tuesday 7 March, 2023
Awards Gala Dinner: Winners Announced, Thursday 23 March 2023, Doltone House Jones Bay Wharf, Sydney, 6:30pm.
In 2022 there were a total of 25 categories across two streams; 'Physical Store', and 'Shopper Experience'.
For the Physical Store stream, five of the categories provide for two divisions with separate awards for Temporary and Permanent displays.
For full 2022 Criteria and Rules, download the Entrant Information Guide here.
Temporary – up to 4 months
Permanent – over 4 months
I. Physical store categories
- Large or Department Store
- Grocery Store (Food) Temporary Display
- Grocery Store (Food) – Permanent Display
- Grocery Store (Non-Food)
- Liquor – Temporary Display
- Liquor – Permanent Display
- Petrol, Convenience & Route
- Health & Beauty - Temporary
- Health & Beauty - Permanent
- Consumer Electronics - Temporary
- Consumer Electronics - Permanent
- Specialty Retail, Lifestyle & Service Providers – Temporary Display
- Specialty Retail, Lifestyle & Service Providers – Permanent Display
- Category Management
- Window Displays
- Store Design
- Pop This Retail Industrial Design - Temporary Display
- Pop This Retail Industrial Design - Permanent Display
- 5P Group - Environmental Stewardship
- Centrum Group Produced in ANZ
II. Shopper experience categories
- Digital Instore, Mobile, Online & Social
- Sales Promotion
- Occasion-based Shopper Campaign
- Integrated Path to Purchase Campaign
- Field Marketing
III. Pinnacle and special awards*
- People’s Choice Award
- Best Design & Innovation
- Best Display
- Best Shopper Experience
- Tom Harris Marketing at Retail Award
*Pinnacle and Special Awards are selected from entries/winners of the above categories. People's Choice is selected via an online public vote.
View the 2021 Awards entry case studies here.
Who Judges the Awards?
More than 90 industry professionals judge the Shop! Awards each year, including representatives of retailers, brands, shopper researchers, creative agencies and POP companies. To view the 2022 Awards judges, click here.
How to Enter 2022 Awards Webinar
If you are thinking of entering or judging the 2022 Awards this webinar is highly recommended to assist in crafting your entry submissions.
Carla Bridge GM of Shop! ANZ, will take you through the do's and don'ts when it comes to putting your best foot forward for your 2022 Shop! Awards entries. This short webinar will give you an overview of the Awards categories, what to focus on when entering, as well as tips on how to structure your answers and use the Awards entry website.